- How Many Calories in LettucePosted 489 days ago
- How Many Calories in CeleryPosted 495 days ago
- How Many Calories In CabbagePosted 513 days ago
- How Many Calories In A PepperPosted 527 days ago
- How Many Calories In GrapesPosted 557 days ago
- How Many Calories In AlmondsPosted 565 days ago
- How Many Calories In A GrapefruitPosted 579 days ago
- How Many Calories In BlueberriesPosted 583 days ago
- How Many Calories In BroccoliPosted 583 days ago
- How Many Calories In a PeachPosted 618 days ago
How Many Calories in Celery
Quick Celery Calorie Guide:
- 1 Celery stalk, raw, 7 1/2′ to 8″ long (approx. 40 g) = 6 calories
- Celery pieces, diced, raw, 1 cup (approx. 120 g) = 19 calories
- 1 Celery stalk, cooked and drained, medium size (approx. 38 g) = 7 calories
- Celery pieces, diced, cooked and drained, 1 cup (approx. 150 g) = 27 calories
- Celery seeds, 1 tsp (approx. 2 g) = 8 calories
(USDA calories data for generic products)
Celery has a long history but only recently became a popular food in Europe and the United States. It represents a highly nutritious food with many health benefits, minimal drawbacks, and potentially no calories.
Celery contains numerous vitamins and has many health benefits. First, the average serving of celery does not contain any fat or cholesterol. Second, it provides an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and other important vitamins and minerals. In addition to these vitamins, celery contains phtalides and coumarins. According to research, phtalides might have the potential to help lower cholesterol. Coumarins might help fight cancer. Celery helps lower blood pressure, as well. Despite these numerous healthy advantages, celery does contain a relatively high level of sodium. Clearly, celery has numerous health benefits, and all of these benefits come without any calories.
In the dietary field, people debate the existence of “negative calorie” foods, which often require more energy to consume than they deliver. If negative calorie foods exist, then celery certainly qualifies. In a single stalk, the celery contains about 8-10 calories, but the chewing and digestion required to process it requires about ten total calories.
Celery offers people a nutritious vegetable option that might help fight high blood pressure, cancer, and heart disease among other things, and it comes in a low-calorie form.