- How Many Calories in LettucePosted 608 days ago
- How Many Calories in CeleryPosted 615 days ago
- How Many Calories In CabbagePosted 633 days ago
- How Many Calories In A PepperPosted 647 days ago
- How Many Calories In GrapesPosted 676 days ago
- How Many Calories In AlmondsPosted 685 days ago
- How Many Calories In A GrapefruitPosted 699 days ago
- How Many Calories In BlueberriesPosted 702 days ago
- How Many Calories In BroccoliPosted 703 days ago
- How Many Calories In a PeachPosted 737 days ago
How Many Calories In A Big Mac
Who can resist the big Mac meal? Doesn’t your mouth start watering just by the very name of it? Needless to say, it adds to the calories but, have you ever wondered how much? A number of questions may pop up into our minds like is it healthy, is it safe, what will be the side effects and so forth. Let us look into the pros and cons of this.
Average calorie requirement
Carbohydrates, proteins and fats are the major source of calories in our day to day life. It is important to consume them in the right quantity. Fat gives more calories as compared to proteins and carbohydrates. The calorie requirement may vary from person to person depending on various aspects like age, gender, daily activities, etc.
The calories gained through the day gets burnt up depending on the activity level of the individual. The average requirement of an adult is 1500-2000 calories a day. More often than not a majority of us fail to keep track of the calorie requirements and end up consuming more than what we actually require. This is one of the major reasons for obesity.
Calories in Big Mac Meal
It is simply delicious and mouth watering with the very thought of munching a hamburger (may be with little extra cheese), fries and a sipping the cold coke or Pepsi along with. The burger is about 540 calories including the bun, patty and the fillings out of which 260 calories are from the fat content. 380 calories are contributed by the medium fries excluding the ketchup and 210 from that of a medium coke. To sum up, the Big Mac meal contains nearly about 1,130 calories which is almost more than half of the average requirement of a human on a given day. The diet coke in place of the usual coke reduces it to 920 calories.
- Fat is one of the major sources of energy and a must in the day to day diet.
- Replacing saturated fat with the unsaturated fat is highly recommended to avoid health complications.
- Intake of fatty foods can lead to diabetes, obesity, joint pains, etc.
- A balanced diet is most important and is the key to good health.
- Apart from a proper diet, it is important to exercise regularly.
Watch out your calories and your waistline the next time you opt for a big mac meal.